Stark Economic Development Board
– The Stark Economic Development Board, Inc., is a private, nonprofit corporation engaged in economic development activities in Stark County. The Board’s mission is to retain, expand and attract business investment in the area. HCDC, Inc. is now offering SBA 504 and Ohio Regional 166 loans through a partnership with Stark Economic Development Board to help small businesses in our community.
Impact Angel Fund
– Impact Angel Fund is a venture capital fund with over 30 private investors from eight counties and matching funds from the Ohio Third Frontier Program. We will invest in early-stage technology companies in our region and throughout Ohio.
Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce
– The Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization of nearly 1,600 institutions and individuals dedicated to the advancement of the economic, industrial, professional, cultural and civic welfare of Stark County. The mission of the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce is to serve our members through partnerships, programs, services and events to advance the economic growth of Canton and the Stark County region.
North Canton Area Chamber of Commerce
– The Since 1959, the North Canton Area Chamber of Commerce has been the leading business organization in our area, collaborating, facilitating and advocating for our members and community. We’re dedicated to promoting development, retention and expansion of local business while also devoting significant time and resources to community programs and projects.
– JumpStart is a nationally recognized nonprofit serving to accelerate the success of diverse entrepreneurs, their high growth companies, and the ecosystems supporting them. JumpStart’s vision is to increase the economic impact and sustainability of Northeast Ohio’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, while leveraging JumpStart’s experience and expertise to catalyze entrepreneurship.
Small Business Development Center, Kent State University at Stark
– The Small Business Development Center, Kent State University at Stark is a fully funded, nonprofit organization devoted to helping small businesses grow and individuals start new, small businesses. The SBDC does this through training programs and consultation sessions which are scheduled in advance.
Stark State College
– Stark State College provides quality, high-value associate degrees, certificates and professional development in a diverse, student-centered learning environment. The College is dedicated to lifelong learning, affordability, transferable higher education and career success. Quality of life is advanced through access, inclusion, stewardship and business and community partnerships.
– Established through a cooperative effort between the City of Alliance, University of Mount Union and Alliance Area Development, INCUBOX is a local business incubator program to launch ideas and accelerate the growth of businesses. With offices on the campus of the University of Mount Union, INCUBOX incubates all kinds of companies while connecting both student and local entrepreneurs to the real world environments of startup, early stage and successful business operations. Incubox also oversees an intense mentor-driven program.
University of Mount Union
– Students at the University of Mount Union actively engage in a deliberately dynamic private university setting featuring a remarkable campus and facilities. Students benefit from preparation that is personal, practical and pertinent for the 21st century—an education that combines relentlessly relevant academic offerings with experiential and research-focused learning. Mount Union has an Entrepreneurship minor available to all students.
– Walsh University is an independent, coeducational Catholic, liberal arts and sciences institution. Founded by the Brothers of Christian Instruction, Walsh University is dedicated to educating its students to become leaders in service to others through a values-based education with an international perspective in the Judeo-Christian tradition. Walsh offers an MBA in Entrepreneurship as part of its graduate business program.
– ystark! is an organization that is committed to improving our community through knowledge, leadership and participation. ystark! is here to develop a young, involved and educated workforce for area businesses. We want our business partners to know that we’re out there, attracting and retaining diverse young professionals to this area. For our business partners, ystark! represents unlimited access to a pool of the sharpest, most engaged YPs around.
Junior Achievement of East Central Ohio
– The programs offered by Junior Achievement of East Central Ohio help prepare young people for the real world by showing them how to generate wealth and effectively manage it, how to create jobs which make their communities more robust and how to apply entrepreneurial thinking to the workplace.
Braintree Business Development Center
– The Braintree Business Development Center is a non-profit regional entrepreneurial assistance organization (often called a business incubator) supporting small businesses in Northeast Ohio. Since 1986 over one hundred start-up companies have found their first home with us. We focus on advanced manufacturing, alternative energy, information technology, bioscience, and agriculture/food processing.
– The Canton, OH Chapter provides free and confidential business advice and counseling tailored to meet the needs of your small business and personal objectives. We also offer workshops for both start-up and in-business entrepreneurs.